Monday 12 September 2011

The Big Smoke


I've just begun my second week in the great city of London doing work experience at Loaded magazine. I have really enjoyed it so far, it's just the heat on the tubes and the way that everyone's strangers to each other. I miss human contact. I miss Wales and the friendly atmosphere and the smiles. I miss the accent. I miss boys with curly hair, it's such a gorgeous Welsh trait.
I miss the sea. A lot. I miss the smell of salt and sun cream and cow shit.

London has been a real experience this time as I'm staying at my lovely friend Jane's house and she's not here. I feel strangely safe here though, tucked away in the single room. Maybe that's why; its so small it feels like your have a cwtch.

It's fashion week here and now I know why people jump in front of things. Coming home from work today I was stood on the tube between 4 nigh-on 6ft models, all approximately the width of neck. I was wearing leggings. I have stubby legs as it is. I felt rotund. It's the only word that properly creates the image of how I felt. ROTUND. This is no life to live. I scurried off at my stop like a little piggy and swore never to eat again.
I'm starting to understand why people love the city though. It's always busy, there's always something to look at or listen to. You're never truly alone here.

I'm dying to get back to Bournemouth though, my little cosy cave room is waiting for me and I want to see my housemates and my friends and my gorgeous van.

I can't wait to get to the gym, to be proud of my body again, to be able to bear myself in pants in the mirror again.

I like this cover. I hope you do too. Such a gorgeous voice


That's all for now

Jojo xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment