Sunday 22 April 2012

Matt Corby Secret Garden Gig.


Yesterday my friend Grace and I made the trip from Bournemouth to London to attend a Matt Corby secret gig in Harrow. There was an audience of fifty and the performance was in a garden.
So, very kindly, a family had opened up their home to fifty strangers, Matt, his crew and his support act, evanjack . (Check them out, really good stuff)

It was, truly, just breathtaking.
I've never experienced music in a more beautiful form. It sounds ridiculous, but I felt like my entire being was just drinking it in. Like the music was feeding my soul, regenerating my essence.

The guy radiates talent. And he is so easy to be around. He was just sat in the garden with everyone, chatting and chilling.

Now, in comparison, everything sounds so hollow. Which is a shame. But also pretty incredible.
The atmosphere was so perfect. It buzzed. People were just happy to be where they were.

That's the special thing about music, I suppose: that it can instil something special into everyone who hears it. With good music, anyway, it can change something within you.

I have returned so calm and content. Like the storm is over. Like I understand how I feel. It's been a hard few weeks for me and it is so nice to have had something settle me. To comfort me.
It's hard to let yourself be upset about things when those closest to you are hurting too. It makes you man up a bit and concentrate on trying to help them through it.

And then you hit that hard ground before you realised you were falling.

But yesterday made me realise that things will pass. Sometimes sadness will linger but it wont last forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment