Wednesday 29 December 2010

Now Now Baby it's Just Textbook Stuff...


Ah, Christmas time!

A break from all the stress of University...wrong. Exam in January.

A chance to indulge in all the snazzy food you can't justify buying yourself...wrong. Vomitting bug.

Christmas money and lovely clothes? nuhuh... on that scary part of the overdraft.
The part when if you buy and Galaxy and a Glamour magazine you'll be charged £40 a day for exceeding your overdraft limit.

But it's not all bad.

We had a white Christmas! And no-one seemed that excited about it.
Everyone seemed to just whine and groan and worry about when their food would run out.
I for one have been waiting for a white Christmas since the first time I heard that song. It was beautiful.
So shhhh...

Although, to be fair, I have had an undenyable period of whining and crying and moaning about my life.

I do wonder if I'll actually finish this degree with a mark worth talking about or if I'll struggle more next term than I did the last.
The stress is unbearable. It never stops. I joined the womens rugby club and then swiftly quit. Not because I didn't enjoy it. I really did.
But because of the sheer amount of work I had to do. And I wanted to be able to see my pals at least once a fortnight out of uni time.

I hate how many sacrafices people on BAMMJ have to make in order to do averagely. To be fair some people work so, so, so hard and really are perfectionists and they do really well. I am not graced with such a trait.

Once I start crying over something I think fuck it it's time to just stop looking at it and submit it as it is. Cue more tears on receipt of grade.

It's been pretty cool to come home and see the beautiful coast that I miss so much. I have missed my friends so much. So, so much. They are crazy and weird and almost entirely underrated.

Example: On Friday night Alys and Lucie polished off a bottle of tequila in shots in about an hour at predrinks.
The results were as follows: Lucie: sleepasaurus. Alys: 6 year old on midget gems.

Anyway from what I have gathered Alys went on to drink Vodka in the pub...Alys isn't so wicked on vodka. She gets quite...aggitated, shall we say.

So a few drinks later and Alys decides to punch a few pint glasses repeatedly resulting in plenty of blood and goes on to piss in the corner of the beer garden. Lucie is by now home. sleeping.

Alys then goes on to kick a local in the shin.


But I must defend Alys here as she is, in fact, just another victim of that Pembrokeshire virus. The one that means at least one of every party must get paraletic and do something to entertain the rest of the group everytime you go out.

It was just her turn. It hasn't been my turn for a while. This worries me. This worries me a lot as anyone who knows me will understand...

We are dressing up as animals for new years eve and I have decided to go as a bird. I have aruond 2648 feathers so wish me luck.

I hope you all have a fab new years eve whether it be chilling inside with a cup of tea and some snacks or dancing the night away out and about.

Thanks for reading

That's all for now
Jojo xxx

This post was written listening to: Imogen Heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment